- Contact Details
- Areas of Practice
- University of Toronto Faculty of LawJ.D.
- McGill UniversityB.A. Honours
- A Long Struggle for Justice: Reflections on the Nevsun hearing at the Supreme CourtInternational Human Rights ProgramFebruary 1, 2019
- No Life for a Child: A Roadmap to End Immigration Detention of Children and Family SeparationInternational Human Rights Program2016
Yolanda articled with Stevenson Whelton LLP in 2017 and joined the firm as an associate in 2019. She maintains a broad civil litigation practice that includes commercial litigation, medical malpractice litigation, and employment, real estate, and other disputes. Yolanda’s practice also includes government litigation and general administrative and constitutional law.
Yolanda graduated from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, where she previously served as a case worker at the employment division of Downtown Legal Services. Her past experience includes working as a research associate at the University of Toronto’s International Human Rights Program, where she co-wrote a report on immigration detention and appeared as co-counsel in the IHRP’s intervention at the Supreme Court of Canada in Nevsun Resources Ltd. v. Gize Yebeyo Araya. Yolanda continues to do pro bono work for the IHRP, and is currently co-writing a report on the use of artificial intelligence in the criminal justice system.
- Lin v. Brookfield Homes (Ontario) Limited, 2019 ONCA 706
Successfully acted on an appeal concerning a failed real estate closing and the disclosure provisions of the Condominium Act.